Monday, August 13, 2007

Messiah Complex

Now I have never been high standing on a roof at a party and declared that "I am a golden god", at least that I can remember. But was has been settling into my mind as I start seminary in 2 weeks is this: I am a 30 year old, single, son of a carpenter, from a no name town who is about to graduate and start his "ministry". Despite how delusional it might sound I feel a lot of pressure when I think about that string of facts. If I was Jewish then it could be the tipping point for the apocalypse and though I do like attention, being the guy who brought on the apocalypse is not how I would like to get on the Today Show (and also do you capitalize The Apocalypse to not confuse it from just a regular apocalypse because I'm worried about triggering the big one).

Fortunately for everyone involved I lack every other qualification to be considered the Son of God, not that I had to point this fact out. I am really going to miss thinking about this stupid stuff in a few weeks when I won't have time to breath.

Can anybody else think of things that disqualify me from being the Son of God? I welcome feedback

6 comments:

Tirzah said...

you calves.

cagedwisdom said...

I hate to make all things come back to the calves but this babies are devine and keep me in the running for messiah-ship.

Michael Gordon said...

you're a nascar fan

Anne Marie said...

I agree with whatever michael says

NCARICO said...

Cause you listen to Rush--and not the band--if it were the band i think you would still qualify.

Andrew Simone said...

Because you have watched that terrible show, "Let's make a deal" with me.