Tuesday, August 21, 2007

'24' dies

I have talked to my television, spent time in deep conversation and sat on the edge of my seat (literally) for the show that is 24. I feel now after all this that its death is imminent. This past season after 4 episodes, the show started sucking and the whole season ended like a bad soap opera with that close up of Jack thinking deeply the writing was on the wall.
(Spoiler alert if you did not see this last season)

Now I find out that on this new season Janeane Garofalo will be joining the cast as a government agent investigating the crap Jack has churned up. So I had to watch my boy Curtis get shot by Jack to make room for Janeane Garofalo (star of Cable Guy and Mystery Men AND Reality Bites, Tirzah)? Tony and Curtis dead is not good for this show. Ricky Schroeder, no matter how loose cannon or grizzled, can't be Curtis or Tony.

You know who would make a good Chief of Staff, Gary Busey. While we are at it we should have our first female president be Jessica Alba. I already had to believe that Rudy, Sean Astin, could whip CTU into shape and deal with the train wreck acting of Elisha Cuthbert( her own hottness could not help) as the distressed daughter of Jack. I was begging for ricen gas at this point and sad that Edgar had to eat the big one.

I guess I will wait for the Office and Heroes to get fired back up.

So long Jack...... Get Down!!! and I don't think your coming back up.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Though I, too, am a fan of Curtis and Tony (and still think Curtis may be alive), let's not so readily dismiss the enjoyment of watching Ricky Shroeder back on tv. He certainly eclipses any "hotness" Elisha Cuthbert ever brought to the show.

cagedwisdom said...

It's going to be hard to sell me on the Ricky Schroeder appeal. Denile is just not a river in Egypt apparently. Curtis is dead like the Colonel, teets up. Sorry

Anne Marie said...

I, in no way, want gary busey on 24.
I hope I make myself quite clear.
and is anyone besides you reading MY blog?

cagedwisdom said...

I have amended The Garofelo credits to include Reality Bites per Tirzah's request even though she posted that comment in the 'Giganuclear' section. Sloppy work

Tirzah said...

PLease try to type and think with your own kids then we will talk sloppy.

Andi said...

good for you. john & i have also decided to say goodbye to Jack Bauer & hello to Hiro.