Thursday, January 3, 2008

Domesticated and an alarm clock



I am pleased to introduce you to Bob2. This is my mom's second rooster. You can tell by the previous name not her first, may he rest in piece dear Bob 1. He loves to come through the front door and stand by the refrigerator and wait for some grapes. He loves to eat grapes and will jump up and eat them out of your hand. His feathers are softer than I thought they would be but this does not keep Bob 2 from biting. He got me twice and I was forced to kick him. He drew blood on the leg of our waterman, Bruce. Bob2 protects his back door fiercely, he does this so well that a few weeks ago my dad found this note from the U.S. Post office affixed to the front door. "Pickup: Local post office. Failed Delivery- Reason: Rooster" We recommend bringing grapes with you because it's hard to tell what mood a Rooster and especially Bob2 could be in.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Can I just describe my first encounter with this creature? We get to his domain (he's protective as you just read) - he waddled up to my car...stared at me...pooped...and waddled away. I'm still trying to figure out if that was "welcome" or "get back b*tch!"

Courtney Patch said...

That is awesome.