Saturday, November 24, 2007

"We fix problems""

.. should be the family motto for the Bley's. I have told my boss many times that he likes me because I fix problems and don't create them. So what do you do in this situation (sort of a McGyver scenario):

You come home to your simple house that you have put together with your own two hands and you notice a blood spot near your driveway. You pull in and you see in the ditch next to the highway a deer. Someone hit it but still alive. You think that the deer will just die over night and that will be the end of this journey. The next morning you come out and the deer is still alive. What do you do?

What my brother did was call the county sheriff to tell him that he had a deer still alive next to his house. The sheriff comes out, gets his "deer gloves" out and drags the deer out of the ditch. He pulls his service revolver and puts the deer out of his misery. He then issues my brother a "Highway Kill" permit and he takes possession of the deer. He cuts it and dresses it and now he wants to sausagifiy his deer but doesn't have a meet grinder and only has the attachment with no motor. What do you do? Exhibit A:

What you have here is a custom, variable speed- 1/2" Makita meat grinder. All you need is a hand me down drill from your brother (me) a dimmer switch, pipe clamp, quick clamp and some zip ties. Now you are ready for the process of sausagification. My brother mix's deer and pork sausage for what is known as "dork". I had a dork burger and it was delicious.


... problem solved.

















(It should be noted for all you wanting to have this type of opportunity that the county does have a call list for "Highway Kill" but they can call you at 3 a.m. and you got to come get it while it's hot. My brothers brother-in law has been on this call list. Who wants to come home for Christmas with me?)

8 comments:

Richard said...

This is far and away (like my Tom Cruise reference) the best blog entry I have ever read. It's Sunday morning, I just limped out of bed to feed my dog, somehow made my way to your website (which I didn't even know existed until a few moments ago) and read this article. I was nicely primed by scrolling to the end and watching your fight scene video and the "Boom goes the dynamite" videos first. Nevertheless, those videos ain't got nothing on your "Makita Meet Grinder" and "dork burgers." I think my favorite part was your misspellings...mix's... wow!

Melanie said...

The whole thing is a total crack up to me. Expect the Maynor's for Christmas! Can't wait to see you back in the Lou!

cagedwisdom said...

All my misspellings always find some comically genius answer. See my sub-title for this blog and you understand the the impotence.

Anne Marie said...

it's all a bit Rocky Horror Kevin......

Leslie said...

Wow. Can i please come home with you for Christmas? I might bring my own meat if that's okay.

frodo jr. said...

I have dreamed of Jesus making all things new...seems that he's a bit ahead of things there, what with this highway kill permit and call list...heaven, pure, unadulterated heaven, that's what it is. the sausagification of creation..sounds like the consummation of promise to me.

Anne Marie said...

Good night! Steve Burton.....
come on now....
decorum.....

captainblip said...

dorkbuga, dorkbuga, dorkbuga.
my brother is a genius/redneck
you know you can semi-professionally race power tools now, it's true
i am blessed with two great brothers?
love ya kevin and john