Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Crush, The Shame, The Truth

I have been hitting my stride on youtube lately and have found things through friends that have been pretty interesting. Let me introduce you first to my man crush. I didn't realize I had this crush until I was in his presence in a club in New York and I got girly quick and couldn't go up to talk to him. He is in St. Louis Sunday night and I can't wait to see him. I'm going alone as to not give him the wrong impression. The Croc lady knows about him so I feel safe doing this.




The second clip involves my very own alma mater Ball State. The worst sports cast ever and if you have seen it I encourage you to watch it again because there are so many painful subtleties. My personal favorite is the mouthed, wordless apology on air. Here is my school on display, Oh the shame.



Finally, I was introduced to this in one of my classes. Slam Poetry. This guy Taylor Mali and it's amazing stuff. It's humor and profound truth tied together and spoken so well. I'll include two. One on speaking with truth and the other "what teachers make" that gives me goosebumps. Both are fantastic and thoughtful. I'll write something next that is not a youtube splurge but I get some grace for spacing these things out.




4 comments:

NCARICO said...

I must confess that my man crush for the coach on the TV show Friday Night Lights may now be shifting.

Nathan

Trevor Harden said...

my favorite is "Reggie passes it to 'the man'". Haha, what man?

No kidding, we actually showed that clip in church one day.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Courtney Patch said...

Awww, I feel so sorry for the sportscaster! I just wanted to give him a hug, that was so awkwardly precious. Not sure that is the reaction to that you are looking for, but there you have it.

captainblip said...

wow, ouch, and holy moly