Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tricked or Treat?- The true story of Candy Corn

The gathering has begun. We have been removed from Halloween just over a week and the completion of this years harvest is coming to a close. Underneath every corn silo in the United States is a candy corn silo that goes deep into the bowels of the deep dark sweet earth. It is a well known fact that every bit of candy corn that exists today was made in the year 1948. We all know how candy corn is produced and know that this one mass production in '48 was all there would be. There is a reason this stuff lasts forever as it has a coating of Carnauba wax. Even the inventer, George Renninger, has ringer clearly in his name. It is a fact that "The National Confectioners Association estimate 20 million pounds of candy corn are sold each year." Do you notice what is missing from this statement? None of this candy corn is ever consumed. There are by my estimate over 360,000,000 million pieces of candy corn that is never consumed. Now you will have loss due to accidental consumption, desperation due to lack of BabyRuth or Kit-Kat and the fact that they are on top of a cupcake. So remains 359,281,492 pieces of candy corn after the holiday season. Did you eat any candy corn this season?

Tell me where I am wrong.

10 comments:

Andi said...

this made me laugh so hard. i hate, hate, hate candy corn.

Trevor Harden said...

Ugh, candy corn.

Makes me think of this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rSRaUN73Rqw

Chitchat said...

dude...candy corn and salted peanuts...throw them both in a bowl...munch...life changing

testing123 said...

I don't know what you guys are smokin... I love candy corn and I have a lot of friends that do too.

zap said...

Poor, sad, candy corn. No one understands you.

cagedwisdom said...

So far... No calls for my commitment. I have struck a sugary nerve. This is a real Phenomanomanon(correct spelling)

Emilie said...

We eat the candy corns. Even Joseph loves the corn . . .

Tirzah said...

I love candy corn. 2 reasons- love the taste, its the only thing my sweet tooth can OD on and I used to ride with my G-pa from the country to the corner candy store in town. I will not forget the feel of the seats in that 51 Chevy and I will always buy candy corn in honor of it.

Tirzah said...

I think thats a great picture too.

Courtney Patch said...

I like it too; I have to admit. I always eat it one color level at a time. And what about the little pumpkins? Tasty. :)