Monday, October 8, 2007

Vol. 2- Crocs, Communion and Cowboys

Just when you think this discussion could get less compelling it gets lesser compelling and with worser grammar to boot (pun intended). Per our continuing discussion of Crocs two interesting developments have taken place. The "Croc lady" not only has a pair of Crocs but has the exact same pair and color I have and brought them out the other night and was talking about how comfortable they are and how that she didn't want to take them off (if she wasn't so cute I would have found her mocking perturbing). When it comes to footwear and relationships I think Chris G. has nailed it: "I think it's more the regard for the person that feels so thoughtful than changing who you are. You're a crocs guy. You'll always wear them. But if something else makes a certain woman happy, get the something else." I'm happy to get the something else plus if she has to look at the Crocs then she has to go through the calves to get to my Crocs. You can't resist.

The second development on the Croc front happened at the communion table this past sunday. I get handed the bread by our elder and I go back to him for the common cup, the blood of Christ (not literally my Catholic friends), and ... Crocs. Black Crocs with his dress attire. The Body, The Blood, The Crocs? I don't even have a category for this one. So you can't show up on a date with Crocs on but the communion table is Croc casual? I'm so glad I am wasting everyones time, efficiently, with this madness. Can you believe you are actually sitting in front of your computer reading this drivel. Don't you have bulbs to plant?

So what you see here is a kids pink cowboy boot. That Boot now belongs to this precious angel, Honor.








Apparently pink cowboy boots are the rage for kids on the Upper West side of Manhattan. This got me thinking about who should be wearing cowboy boots. Don't cowboy boots say something about a person that other footwear does not. I don't think you can wear cowboy boots if:

  • you're a vegetarian. Boca Burger and Boot shall not touch (Leviticus 59.7/2)
  • If you have ever protested a war. Sorry, boots say I kick ass and "No War for Oil" is not a place for the boot
  • If you own an Audi, BMW or Mercedes you are out of boot land. The cars are clean, fast and foreign. That's not a place for a boot.
  • If you think Jimmy Carter deserved a Nobel Prize (just thought I would get that in and I would deny more than just boots to this person)
  • If you TiVo Grey's Anotomy (okay, now I'm just ranting)
  • TEXT COWBOY19 to send in your suggestions.
The one person who I know is uniquely qualified to wear boots is my brother. He drives a 25 foot truck with a 30 ton crane. Works on earth movers, excavators and dozers. He owns a banjo, is a clogging instructor and if not for his wife restraining him he would own over 12 pairs of boots, but even then he is close.

But cute little girls can wear what ever they want...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I disagree with the Audi, BMW, Mercedes statement. If Nat were going to get me a present for giving birth to our child, it would be a pair of Frye Boots in the women's belted harness style in the color tan (Just between you and me, I don't think it's going to happen). You can go romping in the desert in boots even if you get there in a Bimmer. You can combine the best of worlds, I am confident of this.

Andi said...

kevin- i think you're starting to rival my blog with all of your shoe posts!!

and, crocs are NEVER church shoes, unless you happen to be 2 years old!

Melanie said...

Wear boots on the next date with the croc lady and see what she thinks. Maybe she'll wear boots to spite you and be hot.

Tirzah said...

Boots can and should go where they want. Bimmers Jeeps too big for there own good trucks... Anyway Did you consider that you are talking about G&P? one more thing. Crocs are pretty one style, multicolor, but one style boots even just cowboy boots have tons of styles, therefore different occassions.

Trevor Harden said...

I (seriously) had a boca burger for lunch,
my wife TiVos Grey's Anatomy,
and my 3-year old daughter has had several pair of cowboy boots.

I'm not sure what that says,
but it says something.

Something fantastic.