Wednesday, February 6, 2008

How it all went down

Because we didn't get tired of telling the story and I realize pictures would help and some of you don't know how I snagged the Croc Lady and I love typing run on sentences, here is the story.

I was finally able to take hold of the ring a week ago friday (215 lbs of scrap copper, a 100.00 bill found on the ground) helped compose this lovely lovely ring. If you are in St. Louis go see David Kodner because he is a good man and an unbelievable jeweler. I didn't exactly lie but did tell Leslie that there was something wrong with the ring on Wed. (true, it wasn't engraved but I was going to get it two days later) I was really just omitting information.

We had planned dinner and both of us assumed we had the gift certificate to the restaurant we were going to. This small interaction could be a foretaste of future events but she swore she gave it to me to "manage" and I swore that I never received it to "manage". I think I probably lost it but we let that all go and enjoyed a fine meal. I convinced her to go back to the apartment to "recreate" something from our relationship. I actually did fool her and I was so glad that we did this early in the evening because I was getting sick to my stomach.

Amy, Chris and Tirzah ( the flower fairies) came in behind us leaving and decorated the apartment. When you turned the corner you saw this.

There were candles lit everywhere and these three daisies leading the way towards the "precious" aka the ring. (currently there are two people laughing hardily at the precious reference. This is one of my best times jokes ever in a prayer group in Nashville about an engagement ring. For those of you not there you missed a comedic gold moment)

I think Leslie was kind of surprised and didn't expect that there was going to be a ring at all. The three flowers lead to the rest of the flowers. The box was really cool and had a bow that tied it together. There were 30 flowers mixed on the table of daises and roses so the three on the floor made 33. That's how long she waited for a man like me. Surely worth the wait (i'm speaking for her I suppose).

We got to enjoy the moment for approximately a minute and a half of being engaged when there was a knock at the kitchen door. Her landlord had come up the back steps to tell her about the rock salt she had put down. Thanks Deb. We did not answer the door and got real quiet.

So here are some happy pics of us, the ring, the flowers.


8 comments:

Tirzah said...

Yeah I say and again I say Yeah!

cairns said...

Why is it your family had to find out about this on your blog? You could give your brother some romance advice!

Courtney Patch said...

Yay! Beautiful:) Leslie you look so lovely:) And you too Kevin, heheh. This post made my day!

Anonymous said...

that's so sweet, good luck on your upcoming wedding

Trevor Harden said...

Very cool, my man. Congrats.

Bobby's blog said...

Congrats, Bley, congrats.

2WeeMonsters said...

Do crocs feature in the wedding plans? :)

david, kelly & sam said...

we are freaking out excited. we're doing our favorite croc-clogg dance at the moment.

congratulations!!!