Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Water Balloon Hearings

After seeing the news of the hearings they were going to have on Capital Hill about the financial crisis and who was leading them, I had a thought. This is very much like the hearings we had in my house over 20 years ago as to "Why doesn't the TV work right now?" It was a mystery because nothing looked smashed or broken. (I'll be playing the role of Senator Chris Dodd in this story). So my mom looked at both of us and asked me what happened. I was always the credible one between me and my brother and it was almost always his fault, so it made sense for my Mom to ask me what happened. I had the floor, set the agenda and plainly said that my brother Eric was at fault, no questions. He was the guilt party and that was the end of that. This is how I feel about these hearings. This WSJ article points this fact out about asking the trustworthy person, Sen. Dodd, to run the hearings. Only problem being no one has taken more money from Fannie and Freddie, had special favors given to him by Country Wide mortage and actually oversaw the banking comm. for the last 2 plus years but Dodd.

I don't know if the hearings will ever happen were Sen. Dodd gets called to sit infront of the microphone but here is my moment:

I broke a water balloon over the TV. Don't ask me why or how but fortunately the TV dried out and started working again.

1 comment:

captainblip said...

i don't remember the water balloon, and way to stick it to dodd
after all this fraud was 13 times worse that enron and that's a fact