Tuesday, May 13, 2008

245


So this week we are feeding 1150 people at Laguna Christian Retreat in Panama City. It's a fun time by the beach and the drama and excitement never seems to go away. Last night we had spaghetti and cooked 180 lbs of dry spaghetti and a lovely blend of ground pork and beef to the tune of 245lbs. That's alot of grinding, cooking and seasoning. It really turns your appetite off after awhile.

We also had a 17 yr old kid cut his thumb and then passed out when he saw the blood. He always looked stoned anyways but now he had a good reason to look dazed. These cooks never cease to amaze us.

This picture was not taken down here and we had nothing to do with possible eating this road block.

1 comment:

Kevin Bley said...

Kevin Bley,

Kevin Bley here. So when you are back in StL, I would like to put a face with a name and meet the other Kevin Bley in St. Louis. If I find out you are more wealthy, I may have to do a little identity theft or something. I'm practicly half way there. Perhaps a beer or lunch in Clayton one day. I office out of my company's Clayton office about once or twice a week. Don't worry, I am not a psycho or freak. I represent Kevin Bley well. I'm a lot like Jack Palance, but cooler; Lou Ferrigno, but stronger; Brad Pitt, but better looking; Carl Lewis, but faster; Jennifer Lopez, but happily married once; you got the idea. Oh and it sounds like you represent Kevin Bley well also. I am also a Christian and I can appreciate the work you are doing with your faith. Let me know
: kbley@ikon.com

-Kevin Bley