Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sermon Application from the kids.

I preached this Easter at my home church in Sunman, IN. I preached on John 11 and the raising of Lazarus. In that sermon I pointed out that Martha didn't want Jesus to remove the stone from the tomb because it had been 4 days and it would smell really bad. I made the point that they knew how the natural world worked and after 4 days a body was definitely smelling. My 5 year old nephew, Joseph, listened to this and made this application in the car days later.

"The other day Becky and the kids were riding somewhere and a dog tried to attack the front tire of the Durango and someone made the comment that he would soon become road kill. A little while later they saw some buzzards circling and Clarissa said that the dog probably got smashed and they were looking to feast. Without any hesitation Joseph replied that could not be since it takes four days for it to start to smell."

At least somebody was listening.

No comments: