Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quick Trip- too quick.


I love this place. If you live near one they you know that they have the greatest drink selection ever and for this I love them. I craved my combo frozen capuccino/ vanilla steamer blend the other day and convinced myself I could afford the sugar rush. I let my truck fill up while I went and blended my sugar brew and was tickled. I was sipping on my drink as I pulled away and heard a weird sound. Couldn't figure out what in the world made that sound and looked in my side mirror as I pulled around and saw the open gas hatch. I must have still been in a sugar stupor and could not figure out what was going on. As I pulled around I saw lying on the ground the gas nosel and hose that was formerly pumping gas into my truck. Holy crap was my first reaction. When this happens in the movies things just blow up. Nothing happened. The hose is actually designed for idiots to do this and it has a quick release. What was worse was everyone driving by me and their looks of judgment. I wanted to pick the hose up and shake it over my head in victory just to over compensate for my shame. No one inside the store seemed too shocked so I went on my way. So I'm glad I didn't blow up. Yea!

4 comments:

zap said...

I was introduced to the joy of the QT by my husband. It brought back memories of the Slurpee or Big Gulp when 7-Eleven rocked!!I still love the Slurpess, but QT wins on the prices!

dad and counselor said...

Are you kidding me? Did the hose come off the pump, or did the hose pop out of you truck? Is it like a lizard with it's break away tail?

cagedwisdom said...

I ripped the hose right out of the pump... it was pretty awesome.

captainblip said...

tisha?