Friday, June 19, 2009

Food Debrief: BBQ find and ice cream

Eating is so much fun and finding good food that you can celebrate is why God gave me extra taste buds. I'm convinced mine are above average and that I have more of them than you do.

I used to recommend two BBQ places in STL. Pappy's and Plush Pig. Take Plush Pig off your list. They changed some things to save money and did not do them selves any favors. Their beans are not as good, they changed their best side, Red skin potato salad, into some cubed potato creamed nightmare. Pappy's is for real and you need to get yourself over there. Sweet Potato French Fries and Pork are a winning combination. Just ask this guy. http://scienceblogs.com/zooillogix/Mini%20Pig%202.jpg

You can now add The Shaved Duck to your list. Oh Baby they clearly like good food. I had the smoked chicken wings with mango habanaro. Praise Jesus for cornbread done right as well. They had so many fun things on the menu. A must date night if you live in the Lou. Its in S. City in a cool building.

Secondly, Trader Joes strikes again with a sweet treat. They have a vanilla ice cream that is the thickest and creamiest ice cream I have ever had. It's perfect for floats or we have been taking peaches and slicing them and then I sprinkle cinnamon on them and blow Leslie's mind. When my taste buds and brain combine to work together you get sweet, creamy love.

Finally, I cooked the perfect chicken breasts last week. I marinated in Rosemary and Italian dressing for 24 hours and nursed them on the grill to tender juicy perfection. I almost under cooked them. I was bold and it paid off. Please, I beg you, stop over cooking your chicken. You don't know what you are missing.

2 comments:

Andi said...

kevin- i hate to break it to you, but you probably have FEWER taste buds than the average person, which is why you like food so much. i am a super taster (google it boy), which means i have more taste buds than the average person giving me many food aversions. just wanted to set you straight.

ps- that chicken was awesome.

cagedwisdom said...

fascinating. I'm googling right now. So I am below average. Thanks for that sweet news.