Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Help for you Moms

I could not resist commenting on a friends blog about advice she was seeking on all things mother related. I think this helped:

"A few notes on nipple chaffing:

Using good old fashion Vaseline is the way to go. It's thick, cheap and has been around since the 50's so it is proven.

I agree with Maria about Huggies wipes. I found them to be thicker and gentler on my sensitive bits than the generic brand products.

Comparing all the formulas I would have to go with Enfamil, though it's pricey, as the best to blend with Hershey's Syrup. It's the best chocolate milk taken through a nipple, bar none!

Hope this was helpful and wish I had advice on keeping the milk flow up but I had a falling out with my lactation coach about setting goals.

Keep the faith."

7 comments:

Brooke Jared said...

kevin, i can't believe you wrote the word nipple on my blog. and chaffing. in the same sentence.

Brooke Jared said...

oh, and "sensitive bits"- that's real nice, too. I'll keep that in mind:)

Andi said...

kevin- give me a call if you need help keeping your supply up. i even have some fenugreek i'll give you (although it will make you sweat & pee maple syrup...).

Tirzah said...

Breast Therapy by Johnson and Johnson sold at Babies R Us is much better than vasoline ever will be.

david, kelly & sam said...

i used fenugreek too, andi. and yes, breast therapy is best tirzah. did anyone else have to use a breast shield and do you agree that the milk supply would have been better w/o it!?!

cagedwisdom said...

Okay people, ease up on the breast feeding chatter. I'm overwhelmed by the information and I have no way to apply this stuff.

Tirzah said...

you asked for it...